VISIT MEANDER VALLEY
HEARTLANDS DRIVE JOURNEY
REGIONAL DAY WALKS & ATTRACTIONS
The heart of Tasmania & best short walks capital destination!
For more information contact Great Western Tiers Information Centre Deloraine 03 63625280 www.greatwesterntiers.net.au
* Quamby Bluff: 4 hrs return, Highland Lake highway, A5, Golden Valley: highly challenging, steep terrain & climbing
* Liffey Falls: 1 hr return, Highland lakes Highway, A5, Golden Valley: medium challenge with a lot of steps
* Meander Falls: 4-6 hrs return, 10km round, Meander, C167 to Hunstman Road: very challenging, climbing & steps
* Huntsman Lake: BBQ & picnic area, fishing, walks around the lake area
* Walks via Western Creek Road C168, turn into Westrope Road: junction is 5 minutes drive from The Peak Forest Retreat
- Higgs Track: 4 hr return, steep & rough in places, highly challenging, keep going to Central Plateau, Lady Lake & Hut which takes longer (you can stay in the hut)
- Mother Cummings Peak: 3-4 hr return, steep & rough in places, highly challenging, climbing needed.
* Westmorland Falls: 2hr return, via Western Creek Rd to Caveside, C169 to Wet Caves Road, viewing platform: medium challenge
* Alum Cliffs, Tulampanga: 40 Minutes return, Mole Creek Highway B12, sign posted, viewing platform: medium challenge
* Devils Gullet: 30 minutes return, through Mole creek to C138 then turn off to C171: easier walk
* Mole Creek Caves: Mole Creek via highway B12
* WILD CAVE TOURS: Various private guided Cave Tours & premium packages: contact Debra Hunter 63678142
* Mt Roland Reserve Walk: 2-3 hr return, steep in places, highly challenging, Claude Road access next to park, near Gowrie Park near Sheffield and close to Cradle MT.
GREAT WESTERN TIERS TOURING ROUTE: MEANDER VALLEY...driving via Bass Highway from Devonport you can loop back to North West & Cradle Mt, or keep going to Launceston, Great Lakes & Hobart
* ELIZABETH TOWN: ETC bakery & cafe, White Hills Raspberry Farm Cafe/Resturant & Sales, Ashgrove Cheese Farm & cafe & sales, Van Diemans Ice-cream & Cafe
* RED HILLS/MONTANA: 3 Willows Winery Cellar Door & Vineyard, Forager Foods sales, 41 South Salmon Farm salmon purchase, shop, cafe, tours and walks, Tasmanian Truffle Farm tour packages, Truffles of Tasmania sales tour & cafe
* CHUDLIEGH: General store & cafe, picnic area
* MOLE CREEK TROWUNNA WILDLIFE SANCTUARY: guided tours and amazing Tasmanian wildlife, Mole Creek Highway B12
* MOLE CREEK: Mole Creek Caves Family attraction & tours, Stephens Leatherwood Honey Store, Mole Creek Tassie Tiger Hotel, Wandering Trout cafe/restaurant & brewery, Bozzie cafe, Earth Water Cafe, Visitor centre & internet, IGA supermarket, fuel station, post office, outdoor pool.... keep driving to Sheffield & Cradle MT
* DELORAINE: Great Western Tiers Visitor Centre (museum, gallery, shop & exhibitions). River walks, playground & BBQ areas with Kooparoona Niara Cultural Walk. Cafes, bakeries, pubs, shops, boutiques, florist, boho shops, art and craft galleries, banks, butchers, whole foods & organics shop, supermarket & more
* WESTBURY: History & Cultural Walks, MAZE & CAFE, Pearns Steam Engine World, various shops, antiques & collectables, cafes, hotel & IGA supermarket, hardware store, Library....
* CARRICK: History & Cultural walk with heritage buildings, antiques & collectables, service station, The Carrick Inn heritage hotel & dining
*HAGLEY: Hazelbrae Hazelnut Farm with produce, cafe & ice creamery, Devils Own Ice-creamery
* HADSPEN: Entally Estate Historical tours & cafe, Entally Lodge, Lions Park River walk, picnic & BBQ area toilets, caravan & cabin park, shopping centre, Hotel restaurant, cafe, further on at Prospect Vale is the Country Club Casino